Back-End Developer NodeJS
Product & Engineering
About this role:
You’re the right person for this role if you’re a resourceful self-starter who can take ownership of the product and the codebase. You’re excited about building polished, impressive apps with frictionless user experiences. You have deep knowledge of internal frameworks and you’re up to date on cutting-edge libraries and modern application development. You never stop learning.
You always want to advance in new ways to write clean, stable code, and you aren’t satisfied with buggy products. Instead, you’re always looking to refine and improve apps you have responsibility for.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage the latest technologies when building out APIs
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills on pertinent systems
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure it’s high quality and bug free
What you bring:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience with NodeJS
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Experience using bug and issue tracking systems (JIRA)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes (Jenkins, Travis)
- Experience with large systems and complex code bases as well as source code control systems, such as Github
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Ability to collaborate with developers and product owners in developing new software applications and enhancements
- Ability to work with the team to define test cases, metrics, and resolution guidelines
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 140 employees by November of 2018. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
By applying to Coinsquare, you agree to receive occasional emails from Coinsquare about our products and services. There is no purchase required and you can opt out at any time.