Product & Engineering
About this role:
You’re the right person for this role if you’re a resourceful self-starter who can take ownership of the product and the codebase. You’re excited about building polished, impressive apps with frictionless user experiences. You have deep knowledge of internal frameworks and you’re up to date on cutting-edge libraries and modern application development. You never stop learning.
You always want to advance in new ways to write clean, stable code, and you aren’t satisfied with buggy products. Instead, you’re always looking to refine and improve apps you have responsibility for.
What you’ll do:
- Add to the rapid expansion of the company and industry by initiating and leading projects, contributing ideas, and growing the organization
- Leverage your development skills to create, maintain, and enhance our trading platform
- Ensure high quality by performing code reviews, and writing unit and/or UI tests
- Ensure the software adheres to the companies high level of security
- Write technical documents, create wire-frames, and create architectural diagrams
- Communicate with the Client Support Team to triage & trouble shoot issues, as well as implement a solution
What you bring:
- B.Sc. Or M.Sc. In Computer Science or Related Field
- Minimum of 2 years experience with NodeJS
- Minimum of 2 years experience with ReactJS
- Familiar with frameworks ExpressJS, KnexJS, and PassportJS
- Familiar with MySQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Jenkins, GIT, Jira, and Agile Methodologies
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 140 employees by November of 2018. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
By applying to Coinsquare, you agree to receive occasional emails from Coinsquare about our products and services. There is no purchase required and you can opt out at any time.