About this role:
Coinsquare's Mining Team is growing rapidly and we're looking for an experienced Technical Lead to help guide and develop the team. This role is as unique as it is exciting.
As a Technical Lead, you’ll be writing clean, stable code while taking on ownership and accountability for the team's drive towards success. This role is an opportunity to be a mentor and leader for Coinsquare Mining's Engineering Team, as well as an opportunity to get your hands dirty – doing any job on the team necessary to build and sustain a successful product.
What You'll Do
- Add to the rapid expansion of the company and industry by initiating and leading projects, contributing ideas, and growing the organization
- Help drive the team's technical approach, using your deep knowledge and experience as a web developer/programmer
- Leverage the latest technologies when building out APIs such as NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB)
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills on pertinent systems
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure it’s high quality and bug free
- Ensure high quality by performing code reviews, and writing unit and/or UI tests
- Ensure the software adheres to the companies high level of security
- Write technical documents, create wire-frames, and create architectural diagrams
What You'll Bring
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years experience with NodeJS with at least 1 year acting in a lead capacity
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with containerization (Docker) and orchestration tools (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Experience using bug and issue tracking systems (JIRA)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes (Jenkins, Travis)
- Experience with large systems and complex code bases as well as source code control systems, such as Github
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Ability to collaborate with developers and product owners in developing new software applications and enhancements
- Ability to work with the team to define test cases, metrics, and resolution guidelines
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients' money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 140 employees by November of 2018. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what's possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
We know diverse teams make strong teams. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accommodation during the application process, simply let us know and we’ll ensure it’s a positive experience for you.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.
By applying to Coinsquare, you agree to receive occasional emails from Coinsquare about our products and services. There is no purchase required and you can opt out at any time.