Head of Business Development
CoinTracker is a portfolio assistant for cryptocurrency. Used by over 150,000 cryptocurrency holders with over $3 Billion in crypto assets on exchanges, it enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolio, investment performance, taxes, and more. Beyond cryptocurrency, we are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets.
Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of individuals and companies.
Some things we’re proud of:
💲 Over $3B in exchange crypto assets are tracked on CoinTracker
📈 Profitable and growing 6X year over year
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, TurboTax, and other industry leaders
💼 Backers including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Serena Williams, and more
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google
Join our tight-knit early-stage distributed team that thrives on interesting technical challenges and building magical products that improve peoples' lives. As the Head of Business Development, you will be directly responsible for owning CoinTracker's relationships with third parties such as cryptocurrency services, government agencies, and tax filing services.
- Own, cultivate, and grow CoinTracker's relationships with external parties.
- Develop and execute on CoinTracker's partner strategies to align with product and business goals.
- Identify, analyze, and capitalize on new opportunities for CoinTracker to grow.
- Work cross-functionally internally to understand & communicate business objectives and partnerships, as well as drive the strategy and negotiation process with external partners.
You may enjoy this role if you:
- Love thinking about business strategy and synergistic partnerships.
- Are extremely organized, a strong multi-tasker, and work efficiently in ambiguous scenarios.
- Like working cross-functionally from legal to tax to engineering to product to design to customer support and beyond.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is productive, resourceful, and an effective problem solver.
- Has experience building partnerships within the technology/startup space (bonus: in fintech and/or cryptocurrency).
- Has a successful track record developing and growing strategic partnerships.
- Is a strong communicator with deep experience presenting to senior managers and getting deals done.
- Has experience working within a fast-paced, high-growth technology startup.
- Works effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap with our core hours of 9 AM to 12 PM PT.
- Thrives in an early-stage startup environment with less stability and more ambiguity.
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully distributed, tight-knit team spread across five countries. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Intercom, Linear, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also stay aligned and bonded through two-week sprints, standups, all hands and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. You can read more about the principles with which we conduct ourselves through this blog post.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!