Engineering Manager – Product
CoinTracker is a portfolio assistant for cryptocurrency. It is used by over 450,000 cryptocurrency holders collectively tracking over $20 billion in crypto assets. CoinTracker enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolio, investment performance, taxes, and more. Beyond cryptocurrency, we are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets.
Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of the world.
Some things we’re proud of:
💲 Over $20B in exchange crypto assets are tracked on CoinTracker
📈 Profitable and growing 19X year over year
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, TurboTax, and other industry leaders
💼 Backers including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Serena Williams, and more
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google
Learn more about our mission, culture and hiring process.
Build and lead the Product Engineering team powering CoinTracker's product functionality across the web app, mobile apps, and backend stack. Build world-class web and mobile clients enabling CoinTracker to deliver a must-have portfolio & tax manager for every cryptocurrency user.
- Three new engineers hired and onboarded
- Short, medium and long term objectives defined for the Product Engineering team to deliver on the company's goals and roadmap
- Managing a team of engineers continuously shipping product & engineering improvements
- Guiding the team through challenging technical problems: finish transition to a Single Page App in React, finish transition to GraphQL
- Building a world-class engineering culture and environment for engineers
- Eight new engineers hired and onboarded since joining CoinTracker
- Product Engineering team is consistently delivering on short, medium, and long term objectives
- Product stack is in a reliable, maintainable and high quality state with minimal technical debt
Who we're looking for:
- Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate engineers, define and align engineers around key objectives and areas of focus, achieve high collective productivity, impact and happiness.
- Hiring: Ability to find and hire exceptional engineers. Successfully sources, selects and sells excellent engineers to join CoinTracker. Champions diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Algorithms & data structures: Proficient at solving intermediate algorithms & data structures challenges.
- System design: Proficient at designing complex engineering systems. Proficient with databases, web servers, job queues, client-side architecture. Experienced at horizontally scaling engineering systems with 1 million+ users. Knowledgeable about system health monitoring.
- Code quality & testing: Writes well designed, modular, intuitive, clean code. Understands software best practices like DRY, high cohesion, low coupling. Not afraid to refactor or propose architectural changes and see them through to the finish line. Understands different types of testing required in a complex distributed system. Values automated testing.
- Frontend: Proficient with modern frontend technologies. Able to build a robust, modular and maintainable frontend stack.
- [Nice to have] Product savvy: Strong product sense, able to define and execute on an ambiguous product objective, able to make sound UX decisions and come up with basic designs.
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully distributed, tight-knit team spread across North America and Europe. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Intercom, Linear, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also stay aligned and bonded through two-week sprints, standups, all hands and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. Learn more about our guiding principles.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!