Head of Design
CoinTracker is a portfolio assistant for cryptocurrency. Used by over 150,000 cryptocurrency holders with over $3 Billion in crypto assets on exchanges, it enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolio, investment performance, taxes, and more. Beyond cryptocurrency, we are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets.
Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of individuals and companies.
Some things we’re proud of:
💲 Over $3B in exchange crypto assets are tracked on CoinTracker
📈 Profitable and growing 6X year over year
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, TurboTax, and other industry leaders
💼 Backers including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Serena Williams, and more
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google
Join our tight-knit early-stage distributed team that thrives on interesting technical challenges and building magical products that improve peoples' lives. As the Head of Design, you will be directly responsible for helping making cryptocurrency more user friendly by owning the end-to-end user experience of CoinTracker from the design language to the user interface to the user flows and everything in between. You'll also be responsible for helping CoinTracker build a top-tier design organization.
- Design sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and user experiences.
- Work closely with engineers to build and implement intuitive product designs.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to achieve user objectives.
- Conduct user research to better understand the needs of cryptocurrency users.
You may enjoy this role if you:
- Are comfortable working on very high level loosely defined concepts down to highly specific tactical objectives.
- Love understanding how users think and are empathetic about their problems.
- Like creative work and exploration.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has an unreasonably high bar for design, both functional and aesthetic.
- Has experience designing successful consumer technology products from the ground up.
- Is eager to build a world class design organization.
- Is passionate about making cryptocurrency more accessible at scale.
- Is proficient with collaborative design software like Figma.
- Works effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap with our core hours of 9 AM to 12 PM PT.
- Thrives in an early-stage startup environment with less stability and more ambiguity.
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully distributed, tight-knit team spread across five countries. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Intercom, Linear, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also stay aligned and bonded through two-week sprints, standups, all hands and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. You can read more about the principles with which we conduct ourselves through this blog post.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!