Chief of Staff
CoinTracker is a portfolio assistant for cryptocurrency. It is used by over 450,000 cryptocurrency holders collectively tracking over $20 billion in crypto assets. CoinTracker enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolio, investment performance, taxes, and more. Beyond cryptocurrency, we are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets.
Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of the world.
Some things we’re proud of:
💲 Over $20B in exchange crypto assets are tracked on CoinTracker
📈 Profitable and growing 19X year over year
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, TurboTax, and other industry leaders
💼 Backers including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Serena Williams, and more
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google
Learn more about our mission, culture and hiring process.
Partner with the founders — Jon Lerner (CEO) and Chandan Lodha (COO) — to scale them and the company through strategic initiatives, managing operations, and other impactful cross-company projects.
- General goal: Free up 50% of a founder's time (taking into account communication & review overhead) with an overall increase on resulting quality and impact. Sample contributions listed below.
- Hiring: Conduct dozens of reference calls for candidates, source and outreach to 100s of leads for key roles, manage interview scheduling, hiring calibrations, capture notes, help onboard new employees.
- Product distribution: Research and assemble a list of distribution partners to target, identify warm introductions for each, draft personalized outreach, manage existing partnerships.
- Fundraising: Identify target investors, organize pipeline, research firms and individuals, manage investor communications.
- Operations: Manage financial, accounting, and legal projects, manage new partner and software procurement, figure out how to scale fully remote operations globally.
- Strategy: Identify, research, nurture, and grow new opportunities for CoinTracker in terms of new customers, customer segments, and distribution channels.
- Meetings: Manage the founder's schedule to maximize productivity, schedule meetings and events, help prepare for meetings, attend non-critical meetings on behalf of the founder.
- Similar to 100 days, but expanded scope, quality and scale: free up 80% of a founder's time with a 2-3x increase on resulting quality and impact.
Who we're looking for:
- Strategic, first principles thinking
- Organized, meticulous, dependable – ability to handle many moving parts
- Breadth of skills & knowledge, ability to learn quickly
- Written & verbal communication
- Interest in cryptocurrency and personal finance
- Nice to have: savvy in business, hiring, finance, legal, fundraising, partnerships, or another critical business function
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully distributed, tight-knit team spread across North America and Europe. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Intercom, Linear, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also stay aligned and bonded through two-week sprints, standups, all hands and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. Learn more about our guiding principles.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!