Senior Growth Engineer
CoinTracker is a portfolio assistant for cryptocurrency. Used by over 150,000 cryptocurrency holders with over $3 Billion in crypto assets on exchanges, it enables consumers and businesses to seamlessly track their cryptocurrency portfolio, investment performance, taxes, and more. Beyond cryptocurrency, we are building a general automated financial assistant for all financial assets.
Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of individuals and companies.
Some things we’re proud of:
💲 Over $3B in exchange crypto assets are tracked on CoinTracker
📈 Profitable and growing 6X year over year
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, TurboTax, and other industry leaders
💼 Backers including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Serena Williams, and more
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google
Join our tight-knit early-stage distributed team that thrives on interesting technical challenges and building magical products that improve peoples' lives. As the first growth engineer, you will be directly responsible for accelerating user acquisition, conversion, retention, and monetization.
- Build, test, and ship and iterate on product improvements to increase acquisition, conversions, retention, and monetization.
- Implement a strong data tracking, analysis and experimentation foundation for growth engineering.
- Execute a scientific approach to growth engineering.
You may enjoy this role if you:
- Love iteration and experimentation.
- Like thinking about user behavior, funnels, conversions, and growth.
- Are highly data-driven.
- Have experience with A/B testing and statistical significance.
- Enjoy implementing and launching experiments.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has accelerated the growth of an already rapidly growing consumer technology product.
- Has a strong background in SQL and statistical data analysis.
- Is entrepreneurial and product-savvy.
- Works effectively in a remote setting and are able to overlap with our core hours of 9 AM to 12 PM PT.
- Thrives in an early-stage startup environment with less stability and more ambiguity.
- Is interested in financial products and/or cryptocurrency.
Our engineering process includes:
- Code reviews.
- Continuous integration.
- Multiple daily automated deployments to production.
- Automated testing with >85% code coverage.
Some of the technical challenges we face are:
- Lots of data — billions of data points to track transactions and market pair prices.
- Data structures & algorithms — automated transfer detection, cost basis tracking, tax optimization, and more. Your CS fundamentals finally come in handy!
- Scalability — some cryptocurrency users, such as algorithmic traders, accumulate millions of transactions per year. CoinTracker needs to work seamlessly for those power crypto traders.
- Blockchain — whether it's running our own nodes, implementing xPub address generation and traversal, or parsing smart contracts to seamlessly support decentralized trading, we get our hands dirty with core blockchain technology.
- Technical complexity — integrating with hundreds of exchanges and blockchains, and supporting thousands of cryptocurrencies means we have to methodically architect our software and build critical monitoring systems to deliver a robust and accurate platform.
Our tech stack is:
- Mobile: React Native, Expo, GraphQL
- Backend: Python, Flask, GraphQL, Postgres, Redis, Python RQ
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully distributed, tight-knit team spread across five countries. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Intercom, Linear, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also stay aligned and bonded through two-week sprints, standups, all hands and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. You can read more about the principles with which we conduct ourselves through this blog post.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you!