Project Manager (Remote/Anywhere)
We're looking for an enthusiastic Project Manager with a strong technical background to join our distributed and fast-paced Delivery Team, managing multiple technical projects across various different sectors.
Your involvement with the projects will begin early in the life-cycle, when you will be supporting the preparation of technical and commercial proposals, and you will continue with the projects through to their successful delivery to clients, and hopefully follow-up sales.
You will manage the client relationships and be the focal point for all communications. This will require you to both think about the projects at a high level while at the same time understanding the projects at a detailed level.
What's in it for you?
- Technically challenging environment, where your opinions and ideas are listened to
- Large degree of autonomy within the role (no micro-management)
- Opportunity to learn from others and pick up new skills. Our Project Managers and Engineers are responsible for feeding back to each other in an effort to improve overall process
- Culturally diverse and inclusive environment
- Manage a number of Open Source technology projects of various sizes and complexities
- Understand customers needs and what makes them successful – apply these to deliver successful projects and explore future business opportunities
- Manage and motivate project teams to ensure project success. As our clients and project engineers are globally distributed, certain flexibilities in working practices will be required according to customers' and engineers' needs.
- Weekly project financial updates and appropriate actions to ensure projects are successful and profitable
- Support the optimization of current processes and define new ones for continuous improvements according to the business needs
- Customer visits and international travel as required
- Account management, including stakeholder and commercial management of the engagement
- Full life-cycle project management, including planning, execution, reporting, and financials
- Able to spot risks and mitigate/workaroundthem before they develop into issues
- Hands-on experience of real-time embedded systems (e.g. in terms of testing, build and integration, release and defect management), ideally in an open source environment
- Agile software development methodologies
- Experience of running highly distributed project teams across multiple time zones would be a great advantage
- Fluent in English (and French if based in Montreal)
- Good bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Knowledge or experience working in an ISO 9001 and/or ISO 27001 environment would be an asset
- Professional project management qualification would be an advantage