Systems Administration Engineer
Collabora is looking for an engineer with passion for free software administration to join our expanding sysadmin team. This role will be based in our Cambridge, UK office.
Collabora is a leading software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration, architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile communications, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
We are looking for a dynamic person with proven free and open source software experience to join our systems team to provide IT infrastructure and support to our offices and globally distributed teams.
Your technical skills will be fully utilized to scale up our IT infrastructure as demanded by a growing organization.
- System administration of servers involving installation, automation, configuration, monitoring, tuning and application support on a global scale
- Management of various Debian based systems;
- Handle incoming requests, systems notifications, and assisting developers or other sysadmin with client projects and challenging tasks
- Analyse problems, identify root causes and implement effective solutions
- Ensure compliance to all regulations and legislations applicable to Collabora’s IT infrastructure
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Deliver systems and services to high quality standards in accordance with our defined policies, processes and workflow
- Optimize on a continuous basis
- Regularly communicate with users to measure satisfaction and deliver improvements
- As our people are globally distributed, certain flexibilities in working practices will be required according to their needs – in particular company infrastructure needs to be globally accessible without sacrificing security.
- Commercial Skills:
- Experience in equipment purchasing
- Technical Skills:
- Experience in setting up and managing networks (firewalling, VLAN, VPN, routing, troubleshooting...)
- Daily support of both technical and non-technical people
- Experience with Debian-based systems
- Scripting (preferably Python and shell)
- Able to interact and troubleshoot end-user problems of technical nature
- Experience with highly distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Set up and maintain reliable 24/7 global remote access to company’s hosted servers and infrastructure
- Laptop and server hardware troubleshooting
- Triage of issues according to priority and severity
- Experience with standard office infrastructure: DNS, DHCP, CUPS...
- Able to spot risks and mitigate/workaround before they develop into issues
- Personal Skills:
- High achiever
- Self-starter, manage own work, escalate at the appropriate level with mitigation plan when required
- Excellent organisational skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Good communicator internally and externally
- Excellent in time management and prioritising workload
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Patient in interacting and dealing with users requiring assistance
- Forward looking and learn from experience
- Fluent in English
- Proven track record working in high performance Sysadmin teams
- Good bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant technology field
- Knowledge or experience working in an ISO-9001 and ISO-27001 environment would be an asset