1st Line Support / Junior System Administrator (Cambridge, UK)
Cambridge, UK /
Systems Administration /
We're looking for an enthusiastic IT Support Engineer, with an understanding of Linux, to join our internal IT Team based in Cambridge, UK, providing 1st Line Support to both our technical and non-technical teams.
As Open Source evangelists, our infrastructure is built using Linux, so you should bring any Linux skills or interests you might have with you, but if you have any specific Debian exposure then you'll jump to the front of the queue.
Aside from Linux we use a host of Open source technologies and use tools like Docker, Chef and Ansible for our automation. so you will have a great opportunity to pick up new tech along the way, as well as the chance to work towards a System Administrator role within the business.
- You will provide IT Support to internal users, from setting up laptops to helping users navigate the various applications
- The role will involve 1st Line Support to begin, but responsibilities will increase with time
- You will offer technical advice in person and remotely, across different time zones
- Technical troubleshooting of user problems and replicating reported issues
- Keeping technical user documentation up to date
- An understanding of Linux based infrastructure (preferably Debian)
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for technology and the Open Source community
As a leading Open Source technical consultancy, our external customers value our expertise and advice, so we rely heavily upon our systems and infrastructure. You will be joining the team that delivers these services.
For your chance to join us at such an exciting time please contact Ben Toynton at Collabora.