Linux Graphics Stack Developer
Collabora is currently looking for a very technically capable and enthusiactic Graphics Open-Source Software Engineer to join its ever growing engineering team.
As a member of the Graphics domain team, you will focus on developing, adapting, integrating, validating and upstreaming the Linux driver stack, including but not limited to X, Mesa, Wayland/Weston, DRI and kernel-mode graphics drivers for different customers’ projects.
- Discussing graphics-related technologies with clients and represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Analysing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora's continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Any track record of experience with direct development in the GNU/Linux Graphics stack from the Linux kernel (e.g. DRM/KMS, GPU driver, dma_buf) to the user space (X11, Wayland/Weston, DRM/DRI, Khronos EGL, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, MESA…) is mandatory
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals is preferable
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of software and programming concepts
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora's services, business model, project delivery life cycle and other related technical domains
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.