Software Developer - Tools & Infrastructure (Remote/Anywhere)
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amonst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.
Collabora naturally uses Open Source software within its business processes. Some of our tools we have developed in-house and others are customised from open source projects to suit our use case. Examples of our software tools include: SuiteCRM, Phabricator, OTRS, Jenkins, Chronophage (in-house developed) and importer scripts.
- Bug fixing and enhancement of Collabora‘s existing software tools
- Development and deployment of new tools for example, Web-based training, Sysadmin Tools, Reporting tools and communication tools.
- Development of automated Test Suites for all tools
- Creating/maintaining documentation
- Adherence to deployment process
- Contributing publicly to open source projects
Requirements: technical skills
- Experience with relational database configuration and optimization (Mysql/Postgresql)
- Expertise in Modern web development (Django/Go/Rails etc.)
- Experience with organising work via issue trackers is essential
- Experience with automated test and CI pipelines
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of software and programming concepts
- Good working knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and code review
- Demonstrable contributions to components in open source projects preferable
Requirements: soft skills
- Ability to gather requirements from all levels of the organisation. Can see the ‘big picture‘.
- Ability to communicate and lead change within an organisation
- Self learning skill in order to gain knowledge of Collabora's tools, architecture and business processes
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online distributed environment