Linux Kernel Developer - Drivers (Remote/Anywhere)
Cambridge, UK /
Collabora is currently looking for a very technically capable, enthusiastic and passionate Linux Kernel Software Developer to join its ever growing engineering team.
As a member of the Kernel team, your primary focus will be to participate in the development, integration, validation and deployment of Linux board support packages and kernel device drivers, configuring kernels, troubleshooting functional and performance problems for different customers’ projects and products and participating in the mainline Linux with code contributions, reviews and discussions.
- Discuss Linux core system technologies with clients and represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Analyze client problems and design solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Define and scope client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Contribute publicly to open source projects to further strengthen Collabora's technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understand client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Linux kernel and kernel module development
- Linux driver development
- Cross-compiling and porting
- Understanding of open source development methodology and practices as well as prior experience/contributions with/to the Open Source Linux Kernel community
- Linux distribution package development/management (Debian, Yocto...) is a nice to have
- Exposure to Continuous Integration environments (GitLab, kernelci.org...) is a plus
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora's services, busines model, project delivery life cycle and other related technical domains
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.