Montreal Office Administrator
Collabora is looking for a dynamic Montreal Office Administrator to join our team. The role is permanent and part-time, working 20 hours per week. It will be based locally in our Montreal office. This role is reporting to the Cambridge Office Manager and will support the CEO with tasks within Collabora and his holding company. The hourly pay range for this position is CAD $18-$20.
Collabora Ltd. is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Due to the nature of our business, it is essential that you feel equipped to embrace open source technologies. If you are a well organised team player and an effective communicator who is passionate about doing right by people then we want to hear from you.
- General errands as and when required
- Point of contact for shipments in and out of the Montreal office
- Answer phones, welcome guests, open mail, maintain office and kitchen supplies for Canadian office
- Point of contact for all facilities issues, including landlords, office insurance, cleaning, repairs & maintenance etc.
- Assisting with Montreal based events triaging into the Cambridge Office Manager
- Issuing and maintaining keys and codes for Canadian employees
- Initial point of contact for Health and Safety management of office
- Errands and mail control for CEO’s holding company
- Personal errands (car service/groceries/checking on property)
- Monthly expense logging
- General bookkeeping for CEO’s holding company (inputting entries into accounting system, banking)
- Assisting the Group financial accountant based in Cambridge, UK with the CEO’s taxes, lawyers and accountants
- Good IT skills with the ability to quickly learn new software packages and operating systems
- Fluency in French and English (essential)
- Driver's licence (essential)
- First Aid (nice to have)
- Financially astute and methodical
- History of working in an office environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with a commitment to quality
- Good communicator
- A willingness to support
- Ability to hold confidential information
- Personal qualities – integrity; diplomacy; positive attitude; enthusiastic; and dependable