Linux Systems Administration Engineer (Remote in UTC-4h/UTC-7h)
Systems Administration /
Are you passionate about free/libre and open-source software and system administration to join our expanding sysadmin team?
Yes? You should be interested in the following.
We are looking for a dynamic person to join our SysAdmin team, supporting a Debian-based IT environment. Your skills will be fully utilised to mature and grow our IT infrastructure and services as demanded by our growing organisation.
Please note this role needs to be in the UTC-4h/UTC-7h timezone.
The team has a variety of responsibilities and is looking for people with experience in a number of the following areas:
- Running Linux servers and services
- Managing servers using Chef and Ansible
- Docker containers
- Virtual Machine infrastructure, eg oVirt, libvirt, kvm
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Infrastructure management tools, eg Foreman, Kubernetes, Openstack
- Cloud / Hybrid infrastructure deployment and operation
- Scripting / automation, eg Shell, Python
- Architecting, building and operating new services from the ground up
- General networking - VPN, Wifi, VLANs, Firewalls, DHCP, DNS
- Server and client collaboration tools - Email, Calendaring, File sharing, Git, ticketing systems
- Working in an ISO-9001 and ISO-27001 environment
- Supporting a highly distributed customer base across multiple timezones.
- CI, Agile, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code
- Daily support of both technical and non-technical people, in person and via a ticketing system
- Identify potential issues, prioritize and resolve
- Triage reported issues according to impact and severity
- Troubleshoot and support a variety of open source applications, servers and services
- Deployment, configuration and management of Debian server and laptops
- Ensuring our systems are patched and secure
- Participate in and lead Infrastructure and Improvement projects
- Working closely with the rest of the team
Expected traits and behaviours
- Owning a problem end to end and working through to resolution, putting the customer first
- Able to prioritize and manage own workload, taking input from others as necessary
- Patient, thoughtful and clear in all communications
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- Forwarding looking and cognizant of the bigger picture
- Highly communicative
- Always learning
- Fluent in English
- Automate First
Collabora is a leading software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration, architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile communications, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.