People Operations (HR) Administrator
Montreal, Canada or Cambridge, UK
Collabora is looking for a dynamic People Operations (POps) Administrator to join our team. The role will be based locally in our Montreal office, reporting to the Global Head of People Operations (based in the UK), with dotted line to the People Operations Partner (based in Montreal). The salary range for this position is 40,000 to 45,000 CAD per year.
Collabora is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Due to the nature of our business, it is essential that you feel equipped to embrace open source technologies. No two days will be the same within our energised, fast-paced organisation. If you are a well organised team player and an effective communicator who is passionate about doing right by people, then we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES (not in order of priority):
- Coordinating the recruitment process from start to finish, from advertising to liaising with applicants, agencies, hiring managers and colleges
- Assist with the graduate and intern recruitment as directed by the People Operations Partner
- Drafting offers of employment, employment contracts and ensuring compliance
- Maintenance of our Applicant Tracking System, Lever Hire
- Coordinate new hire inductions
- Responsible for the new starter process from start to finish ensuring compliance and that procedures are followed and documented accordingly
Maintaining HR Data, Reporting and General Administration:
- Managing the database and electronic files of employees and contractors, alongside any related information such as contracts, letters, file notes
- Preparation of reports as and when required
- Regular HR Audit checks to ensure data held is accurate and up to date
- Responsible for the leaver process
- Ensure the Employee Engagement Survey is administered every 6 months
- Administer sabbaticals and retention of services
- Liaise with our Zoho business partner to make improvements/adjustments to the HRIS system as and when required.
Payroll & Benefit Administration:
- Provide accurate and timely information to the payroll administrators
- Maintain and coordinate the benefits provision in both the UK and Montreal
- As and when requested
On a daily basis you will be expected to:
- Respond to queries that come into the POps mailbox
- Respond to queries in relation to our HRIS systems
- Ensure GDPR, ISO9001, ISO27001 compliance
- Advise and implement continuous improvements that can be made to POps processes and the wider company
- Strong technical/IT skills (ability to quickly learn new office/ software packages as well as ability to adapt to new Operating Systems).
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field such as HR or Business Administration
- Previous experience in HR at administrator/assistant level
- Experience working in the technology industry (strong asset)
- Great communication skills, with an ability to build trusting relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to hold confidential information
- Attention to detail, very strong organizational skills
- Impeccable spoken and written English
- Ability to work fluently in French (strong asset)
Please note that applications from only those who are already authorized to work in Canada will be considered.