Systems Administration Manager (Remote/Anywhere)
Collabora is looking for an experienced manager with passion for free software administration to join our expanding sysadmin team. This is a remote senior role.
Collabora is a leading software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration, architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile communications, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
We are looking for a dynamic person with proven free and open source software experience to lead our systems team to provide IT infrastructure and support to our offices and globally distributed teams.
Your management and planning skills will be fully utilized to scale up our IT infrastructure as demanded by a growing organization. You will have plenty of opportunities to exercise your hands-on technical expertise.
- Understand the company’s needs, formulate IT plans and lead the team to execute
- Consolidate and centralise all IT needs for in-house and customer projects
- Analyse problems, identify root causes and implement effective solutions
- Define KPIs, track and lead the team to repeatedly achieving them
- Lead by example, provide hands-on support as well as coaching and mentoring your team’s development
- Ensure compliance to all regulations and legislations applicable to Collabora’s IT infrastructure
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Manage departmental budget and deliver value for money
- Monthly and quarterly reports to the management team
- Deliver systems and services to high quality standards in accordance with our defined policies, processes and workflow
- Optimize on a continuous basis and define new ones according to the company’s needs
- Regularly communicate with users to measure satisfaction and deliver improvements
- As our people are globally distributed, certain flexibilities in working practices will be required according to their needs – in particular company infrastructure needs to be globally accessible without sacrificing security.
- Commercial Skills
- Negotiate internally and externally at all levels
- Experience in equipment purchasing and outsourcing of IT services
- Financially astute, understand what makes the team successful
- Technical Skills
- Experience in setting up and managing networks (firewalling, VLAN, VPN, routing, troubleshooting..)
- Experience with Debian-based systems
- Able to interact and troubleshoot end-user problems of technical nature
- Experience with highly distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Set up and maintain reliable 24/7 global remote access to company’s hosted servers and infrastructure
- Laptop and server hardware troubleshooting
- Triage of issues according to priority and severity
- Experience with standard office infrastructure: DNS, DHCP, CUPS...
- Project management, including planning, execution, reporting, and financials
- Able to spot risks and mitigate/workaround before they develop into issues
- Personal Skills
- High achiever
- Self-starter, manage own work and others, escalate at the appropriate level with mitigation plan when required
- Excellent organisational skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Good communicator at all levels
- Excellent in time management and prioritising workload for self and others
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Patient in interacting and dealing with users requiring assistance
- Forward looking and learn from experience
- Team management experience including mentoring, ability to motivate others and build team morale
- Fluent in English
- Proven track record in successfully managing high performance Sysadmin teams
- Good bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant technology field
- Experience with working in an ISO-9001 and ISO-27001 environment would be an asset