Office Manager (Cambridge, UK)
Due to an internal promotion, Collabora is looking for a dynamic Office Manager to join our team based in Cambridge UK.
Collabora Ltd. is a software consultancy specialising in bringing companies and the open source software community together. We combine years of open source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box/smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Due to the nature of our business, it is essential that you feel equipped to embrace open source technologies. No two days will be the same within our energised, fast paced organisation. If you are a well organised team player and an effective communicator who is passionate about doing right by people then we want to hear from you.
We are a globally distributed workforce working within 27 countries around the world, we have two offices located in Cambridge, UK and Montreal, Canada. This role will be responsible for the UK office as well as global administration for the Group.
Office and Facilities Management
- General office duties including answering phone, deliveries, opening post etc.
- Overall smooth running of the UK Office with attention to detail in presentation and maintaining an environment that is comfortable for the employees.
- Procurement and management of the UK office supplies and equipment
- Management of all UK facilities suppliers including landlords, office insurance, cleaning, repairs & maintenance etc.
- Alarm system maintenance including issuing and maintaining keys, training for all UK employees
- Responsible for Health & Safety at work including annual review, employee inductions etc.
- Management of imports/exports/shipping of Collabora and customer equipment globally
- Track and log Collabora equipment
- Create and evaluate Company policies and processes
- Ensuring compliance with GDPR and ISO requirements
Travel and Purchasing
- Managing travel, conference attendance and accommodation for Group (using our online Travelperk account) whilst following the company policy, ensuring the most cost effective and efficient options are used.
- Coordination for visitors to the UK office
- Event planning including UK employees' social events and it’s associated budget
- Purchasing items and setup recurring payments as needed for the Collabora Group and record the transactions monthly
- Manage and help developing in house purchasing system and processes to fulfill the companies needs
- Provide administrative support for the Collabora Group
- Supporting other operational areas in particular People Operations including processing starters, leavers and coordinating inductions
- Assist with queries and support the Collabora group as needed
- Commercial Skills
- Experience of working in a hi-tech, international company
- Technical Skills
- Excellent IT skills are a priority
- Ability to quickly learn new software packages, especially new office software packages, as well as ability to adapt to new operating systems
- Financially astute
- Personal Skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills with a commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Good communicator with confidence to approach others and communicate at all levels
- Ability to multi task and capable of operating efficiently in a fast moving environment
- Ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Pro-active approach and able to use initiative with the ability to think logically to resolve issues
- Personal qualities – integrity; diplomacy; positive attitude; enthusiastic; and dependable
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Interested to learn and develop personal skills
- Fluency in English is essential
- Previous experience as an Office Manager would be an advantage
- Previous experience working with a distributed team would be an advantage