Native Application Software Developer
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic C++ application software developer with a solid experience on 2D/3D graphics APIs and Game engines (e.g. Unity).
The ideal candidate will be developing production-grade software for exciting leading-edge C++ native applications.
That permanent position is in Montreal. Canada only.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test-driven (TDD) principles to develop high-quality applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues
- Create testing strategies and test plans
- Support Collabora’s clients on overall software architecture an engineering
- Analyze client problems and design solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora's technical expertise
- Define and scope client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Contribute publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora's continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understand client needs and reconcile time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Expert level C AND C++ in a production environment
- Experience with POSIX networking, IPC, and thread management
- Experience with OpenGL, DirectX or other 2D/3D graphics API's and Game Engines
- Knowledge of API design and SDK architecture
- Experience developing against Linux platforms
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora's market verticals is preferable
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of software and programming concepts
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora's services, business model, project delivery life cycle and other related technical domains
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
Collabora combines years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialised embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio