Senior Cloudera Administrator
Work from anywhere /
Collective[i] is a pioneer in digital sales transformation. Collective[i] provides companies with critical intelligence that is essential for sales teams to compete and succeed in the modern age. Our mission is to end economic uncertainty and enable companies around the world to predict, manage and grow their revenue.
The Senior Cloudera Administrator will be the lead in the health and maintenance of the Cloudera platforms and systems that Collective[i] maintains for its consumption. This is a critical high profile role, embedded in the systems support team to ensure our Cloudera systems are functioning optimally and securely. Constant communications with the Big Data team, software engineers and other consumers of the data will be critical in the execution of this role as well as the ability of others to execute on their work as well.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the Cloudera clusters
- Finding and addressing alerts and errors in the log files
- Planning and upgrading software versions on the clusters
- Troubleshooting system failures and crashes
- Assisting in automating the server builds and backups
- Documenting the system and creating run books to aid in supporting the system.
- Mentoring the systems support team to be able to assist in on call alert response
Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Collective[i] platforms, we make Collective[i]'s product portfolio possible. We're always striving to ensure our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
What your day to day will look like:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services
- Scale systems through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Troubleshooting problems experienced by Data Scientists, Engineers and scheduled jobs
- Capacity planning, metrics collection and analysis
- Escalate to Cloudera support services and manage tickets as needed
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for engineering
- Contribute to developing and implementing security policies
- Supporting systems maintenance overlap with Techops SRE team
- Join our on-call rotation as a first line of defense during production issues
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Must have 3-5 years of professional experience with Cloudera installation, configuration, debugging, tuning and administration
- Must have Cloudera cluster deployment experience, including but not limited to deploying a cluster, maintaining a cluster, adding and removing nodes using Cloudera Manager
- Configuring and upgrading the Cloudera Manager, CDH, CDSW and Kafka etc.
- Hands-on experience with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users, including but not limited to setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Impala and Spark access for the new users
- Performance tuning of Cloudera clusters, YARN, Spark and MapReduce routines
- Strong hands on experience in implementation of Security like Kerberos, Sentry, OS Upgrade and TLS/SSL implementation
- Experience with most of the following: HBase, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Zookeeper, Oozie, Spark
- A solid understanding of Linux and networks as they pertain to Cloudera clusters
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding about configuration management platforms
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new and emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
- Experience with Big Data related technologies (at least 2 ) : Apache Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
No recruitment agency submissions please
More about Collective[i]:
Collective[i] is passionate about using ML, RPA and other AI technologies along with a network to automate the myriad of tasks that distract sales professionals from selling and provide timely intelligence that helps to grow revenue. Our revenue optimization engine is one of the most transformative technologies to hit the enterprise since CRM. Founded and managed by the early teams behind LinkShare (purchased for $425m) and Overstock (NASDAQ:OSTK), Collective[i] is headquartered in NYC with offices in Silicon Valley and Montreal, Canada.
Wall Street Journal, Here’s What’s New in Enterprise Tech
Wall Street Journal, Smart Sales Tools Seek Better Data
Wall Street Journal, The Morning Download: Artificial Intelligence Transforms the Sales Process
Wall Street Journal, New Fund Firm Cuts Pay If Managers Don’t Beat the Market
Information about the founders: