Senior Big Data Developer
Work from anywhere /
Collective[i] is a pioneer in digital sales transformation. Collective[i] provides companies with critical intelligence that is essential for sales teams to compete and succeed in the modern age. Our mission is to end economic uncertainty and enable companies around the world to predict, manage and grow their revenue.
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Developer who enjoys developing and implementing a highly scalable Hadoop cluster for our enterprise applications. You will work closely with developers and architects to deploy new applications on Hadoop infrastructure, resolve cluster and job performance issues. This position requires someone who is hands on and passionate about Big Data along with new technologies, a strong problem-solver, and a team collaborator who enjoys continuing learning.
Is this you? We look forward to your submission and being a part of our company's success and culture as we continue to scale our network.
- 10+ years of experience with Open Source, Hadoop ecosystem and Big Data technologies with Linux
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop Cloudera distribution (5 years)
- Hands-on experience with Scala Spark (7 years)
- Hands on experience with messaging system Kafka (7 years)
- Hands on experience with developing and supporting complex SQL and NoSQL (10 years)
- Hands on experience with developing and supporting complex oozie workflows (7 years)
- Experience building secure, highly-scalable, reliable, and performant big data platforms to consume, integrate and analyze complex data using a variety of open-source platforms and tools
- Familiarity with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Prior experience with analytical tools, languages, or libraries is helpful
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with our business, product, and development teams
- Working well with time sensitive delivery deadlines
- Comfortable with navigating through ambiguity
- Team player mentality and a sense of pride and ownership for your quality of work
- Sense of humor
More about Collective[i]:
Collective[i] is passionate about using ML, RPA and other AI technologies along with a network to automate the myriad of tasks that distract sales professionals from selling and provide timely intelligence that helps to grow revenue. Our revenue optimization engine is one of the most transformative technologies to hit the enterprise since CRM. Founded and managed by the early teams behind LinkShare (purchased for $425m) and Overstock (NASDAQ:OSTK), Collective[i] is headquartered in NYC with offices in Silicon Valley and Montreal, Canada.
Wall Street Journal, Here’s What’s New in Enterprise Tech
Wall Street Journal, Smart Sales Tools Seek Better Data
Wall Street Journal, The Morning Download: Artificial Intelligence Transforms the Sales Process
Wall Street Journal, New Fund Firm Cuts Pay If Managers Don’t Beat the Market
Information about the founders: