Washington, DC or Virtual
The Collective is looking for a dynamic and experienced Director of Innovation to support our various organizations, including our 501c3, 501c4, PAC and Super PAC. This is an opportunity for a senior level data analytics and strategist to help continue the growth of the nation’s fastest growing black-led political action committee. While we prefer this position to be based in Washington, DC, we’re open to the right candidate living elsewhere. The Director of Innovation’s main duties will include ensuring the success of our voter engagement campaigns through strategy and analytics, growing our technological imprint, creating new programs and projects and assisting in writing proposals and pitching funders.
- Design the analysis and evaluation systems for our 2020 voter engagement program
- Implement small scale proof of concept programs to check for the viability and cost effectiveness of several experimental voter registration, voter engagement and voter activation programs, including but not limited to:
- o Black community targeted Esports
- o Targeted direct mail of comic books
- o Digital and other engagement for formerly incarcerated Black people to increase civic participation and voting
- Negotiate acquisition of data and software contracts needed to accomplish organizational goals
- In consultation with the Investment Director and Chief of Staff, help develop funding proposals, ensuring voter registration, activation, and engagement goals and objectives are properly targeted, attainable and impactful
- In consultation with communications consultants, produce thought-pieces reflecting new research, models and case-studies to engage, register, and mobilize the black voters, including the formerly incarcerated
- Ensure current coalitions and partnerships accurately credit the organization for its successful programs and projects, as well as ensure mutually beneficial agreements
- Help The Collective develop any existing and new integrations to make sure both The Collective and our partners are able to meet their goals and objectives for their programs and organization.
- At least seven years’ experience leading and managing analytics and data projects
- Basic understanding of campaign finance laws regulating political activities of 501c3, 501c4, PAC and Super PACs
- Track record of successfully pitching donors and receiving funding for projectsVast relationships with digital strategists and vendors who service the political industry
- Deep understanding of black politics and black culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience developing and administering virtual and in-person training programs
- Outstanding judgment, discretion and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think independently and collaboratively while prioritizing daily workload
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Commitment to the mission of The CollectiveFamiliarity with ActBlue, Catalist/VAN, Blue State Digital, NGP, Google Drive, Dropbox and Adobe Software
About The Collective
The Collective is a consortium of national organizations (The Collective PAC, The Collective Super PAC, Collective Future & The Collective Education Fund) on an mission to build black political power through candidate recruitment, training potential staff and candidates through The Black Campaign School, funding endorsed candidates, educating black voters and supporting the black civic engagement ecosystem through earned, paid and digital media. To date, The Collective has raised over $10 million from over 57,000 individual contributions in all 50 states to support its mission of ensuring equal representation in elected leadership for African Americans at the local, state and federal level.
Working at The Collective
The Collective is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The Collective’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.