PAID INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Washington, DC or Virtual
Overview:The Collective PAC is now hiring summer interns. Join our team as we head into the 2020 election season with lots of exciting programatic initiatives across Collective PAC departments. Apply to work alongside the Collective Team for digital, finance, political, and community organizing work and prepare to have an unforgettable summer building your network and gaining exposure to wide spectrum of on the job experiences.
Internship Application period:
May 20th- June 3rd, 2020
June 8th- August 7th, 2020
$15/ hour for up to 20 hrs per week
Must be a current student or recent graduate from an accredited college or university
Must be able to work remotely
Working on the Digital, Political, Finance, Innovation, Voter Engagement or Executive teams performing a wide variety of programmatic duties including research, copywriting, volunteer recruitment, assisting with event production, registering voters, donor engagement, etc.
- Self-motivation, professionalism, assertiveness, and a positive demeanor
- Excellent verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding judgment, discretion and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think independently and collaboratively while prioritizing daily workload
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- Commitment to the mission of The Collective
- Familiarity with ActBlue, VAN, Blue State Digital, NGP, Google Drive is a plus
About The Collective
The Collective is a consortium of national organizations (The Collective PAC, The Collective Super PAC, Collective Future & The Collective Education Fund) on an mission to build black political power through candidate recruitment, training potential staff and candidates through The Black Campaign School, funding endorsed candidates, educating black voters and supporting the black civic engagement ecosystem through earned, paid and digital media. To date, The Collective has raised over $10 million from over 57,000 individual contributions in all 50 states to support its mission of ensuring equal representation in elected leadership for African Americans at the local, state and federal level.
Working at The Collective
The Collective is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The Collective’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.