Social Media Manager
Washington, DC or Virtual /
Digital Team /
The Collective is currently accepting applications for the position of Social Media Manager.
The Collective is a consortium of national organizations (The Collective PAC, The Collective Super PAC, Collective Future & The Collective Education Fund) on a mission to build black political power.
The Digital department is responsible for engaging and growing the community of people who support The Collective online. The department works closely with the Communications and Political Department to ensure our online program advances the organization’s fundraising, growth, messaging, and electoral priorities. The Social Media Manager will support the Digital Director in developing the strategy and managing the implementation of the organization’s online activities including growth and communications. She or he will coordinate day-to-day social media work with ultimate team goals in mind.
- Help develop and implement a digital organizing program in collaboration with the Digital Director and manage our program to meet the organization's goals
- Manage digital organizing platforms in addition to oversee day-to-day workflow of the social media programs
- Manage the social content coordinator to ensure that our social media messaging promotes broader Digital department goals; aligns with the messaging used by The Collective PAC at large; and supports our endorsed candidates.
- Help train and coach staff on digital organizing tools and tactics
- Identify and help manage volunteers, influencers, and digital ambassadors Write copy for SMS, call scripts, social media, and online forms
- Create and post a high volume of relevant content in fast paced breaking news type of environment for all Collective PAC social media channels
- Create and implement monthly social media calendar filled with content and opportunities for engagement
- Collaborate with Political and Voter Engagement teams to produce relevant content
- Work with graphic designer to regularly create images for use across channels
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years of experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role (With at least 1 year with a political campaign or organization)
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience working with digital organizing and mobilization tools
- Experience managing and training volunteers
This position is a mid-level position at The Collective. Salary commensurate on experience. Employees are eligible to enroll in The Collective’s health insurance policy, which includes dental, vision, health, and life insurance.
About The Collective
The Collective is a consortium of national organizations (The Collective PAC, The Collective Super PAC, Collective Future & The Collective Education Fund) on an mission to build black political power through candidate recruitment, training potential staff and candidates through The Black Campaign School, funding endorsed candidates, educating black voters and supporting the black civic engagement ecosystem through earned, paid and digital media. To date, The Collective has raised over $10 million from over 57,000 individual contributions in all 50 states to support its mission of ensuring equal representation in elected leadership for African Americans at the local, state and federal level.
Working at The Collective
The Collective is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The Collective’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.