Supply & Demand Planner
Burlingame, California /
Supply Chain /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Supply Chain team to identify and maintain demand forecasts, communicate clearly to the company, ensure alignment of inventory, production and materials at every level. You will be responsible for monitoring and managing demand, inventories, and forecasting sales and production levels to plan for materials needed. You will ensure demand, lab capacity and supply are balanced, as well as improve customer service, decrease waste and lower costs. You will also gather and analyze data and other information to prepare trends and forecasting reports for colleagues, management and other stakeholders.
The supply/demand planner reports into the the VP of Supply Chain, and is expected to work collaboratively with Finance and Operations, and the rest of the company.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning tools.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- Track inventory
- Plan purchasing
- Anticipate stock demands based on current and future lab processingAnalyzing and anticipating market trends to ensure supplyCreating inventory and other reports to provide visibility to managementEnsuring the business has a steady flow of stock without over capitalizing on materials
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3-7 years supply chain management experience
- Supply or demand planning experience
- Statistical analysis
- Negotiation skillsInterpersonal skills
- Organizational skillsInnovative thought process
- Experience in a regulated industry
- ERP expertise
- Able to work in a fast moving, chaotic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to balance standard operating procedures with flexibility and responsiveness
Nice to Have:
- Experience directly in clinical laboratories, biotech or pharma
- ERP implementation experience
- Experience starting up a facility or lab
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.