Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
The R&D team at Color is a collaborative group of scientists and engineers dedicated to redefining the performance of our world-class genomics stack. We are seeking a research scientist or associate willing to push the boundaries of high throughput genomics, nucleic acid manipulation, and target enrichment technologies. You will help drive efforts to innovate on technologies that enable more effective healthcare and the scaling of our genomics platform.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the design of assays and devices for highly parallelized and efficient sample collection, library preparation, and target enrichment.
- Work closely with R&D team members to iterate on experiments and prototype new technologies.
- Collaborate with automation engineers and laboratory scientists to translate R&D work into the clinical lab.
- Present work externally at conferences, in peer-reviewed publications, and in open source media.
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated domain expertise in molecular biology, high-throughput molecular diagnostics, and/or chemistry development.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a related field with 2+ years of relevant research experience.
- Utmost attention to quality and accuracy.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.