Tech Transfer, Research Associate
Burlingame, California /
Clinical Laboratory /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Tech Transfer team as a Research Associate to focus on late-stage assay development, technology transfer, training, and troubleshooting. In this role, you will utilize and leverage your experience with molecular techniques and liquid handlers to identify, mitigate, and correct assay issues that will potentially cause problems after transfer to the production environment.
This role acts as a key bridge between R&D and laboratory operations, providing directional and hands-on support to both. Additionally, you will work closely with members of the R&D and production teams in support of troubleshooting experimentation to enable efficient and scalable lab operations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- With guidance, critically assess new or updated automation methods which will vary in scope from minor process changes to major assay launches
- Provide hands-on lab support for pre-transfer R&D experiments
- Follow detailed protocols and execute complex molecular biology procedures
- Assist with troubleshooting and optimization of experimental processes
- Collaborate with laboratory scientists to translate R&D work into the clinical lab
- Aid in efficient and safe transfer of new workflows to production by assisting with burn-in and process refinement
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Proven track record of developing or transferring molecular biology applications
- Experience optimizing lab workflows, procedures and chemistries
- Hands-on experience with NGS methods and liquid handling equipment
- The ability to transfer knowledge, skills, and techniques to team members at all levels in the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas
- B.S. with 5+ years relevant experience in a laboratory setting
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.