Clinical Lab Associate
Burlingame, California /
Clinical – Clinical Lab /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
The Clinical Lab Associate will be responsible for assisting in routine sample processing in a high complexity CLIA-certified laboratory, and you will be working with other laboratory professionals who have joined Color from UCSF, Stanford, Invitae, Counsyl, and other academic and commercial laboratories. Your work will have a direct impact on people’s lives by scaling up the availability of COVID-19 testing and developing much needed public health infrastructure. This is temporary, 6-month opportunity.
Shift 1: Sunday - Thursday 2:00PM - 10:00PM
Shift 2: Tuesday - Saturday 2:00PM - 10:00PM
How You'll Contribute:
- Perform specimen receipt, accessioning, and sample transfer using laboratory automation.
- Assist in routine laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, maintaining lab cleanliness and a safe laboratory environment
- Restock laboratory inventory and perform space maintenance as required.
- Assist licensed personnel, under direct and constant supervision with routine clinical testing (including reagent preparation and nucleic acid extraction), equipment and reagent validation, and other laboratory activities.
- Follow laboratory’s established policies and procedures
- Document all corrective actions taken when there is a deviation to the test system
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 0-2 years of experience working in a industrial laboratory setting
- Graduation from college with a major in an appropriate scientific field and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of duties assigned to the position
- Experience with GSuite, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of safe handling of biohazardous specimens and chemical reagents
Nice to Have:
- Physical/health screening required
- This position requires sustained work in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens that may include viruses for infectious diseases, including the COVID-19 virus (which is known to cause the coronavirus disease). Accordingly, this role involves the risk of infection. Color has implemented appropriate safety policies, training, processes, and equipment as per applicable guidelines.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.