Lab Operations Associate, COVID-19 (Temporary)
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
Color recently launched a high throughput CLIA-certified COVID-19 testing laboratory integrated with public health tools. The testing facility, based in Burlingame, CA, processes samples from hospitals and public health authority testing efforts, with a near-term goal of performing 10,000 tests per day. The testing platform connects supply to demand through an integrated software platform for public health agencies to manage risk screening, test ordering, results delivery, case management, contact tracing, and public health agency case reporting. Color is also establishing scientific collaborations with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and Weill Cornell Medicine to develop and openly share technology. The goal of the collaborations is to directly increase COVID-19 testing capacity, introduce new testing technologies, and share protocols that can help labs across the U.S. scale testing capacity more rapidly.
What you’ll do:
- Manage incoming consumable and equipment shipments.
- Work with AP to review and approve invoices, correlate to pack slips.
- Generate and maintain databases for lab consumables and inventory tracking.
- Procure laboratory reagents, supplies as required
- Support lab to facilitate a safe, compliant, and efficient environment.
- Maintain equipment within the lab and office.
- Serve as the point of contact for all of our vendors such as labcoat, equipment maintenance and suppliers of laboratory and office consumables.
- Interface with general building maintenance team over equipment, deliveries, and repairs.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of operations experience in an academic or industry lab setting.
- Experience with inventory management and control.
- Understanding of lab safety and waste management.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Desire to work in a start-up environment.
- Ability and desire to get things done.
Note: This position requires sustained work in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens that may include viruses for infectious diseases, including the COVID-19 virus (which is known to cause the coronavirus disease). Accordingly, this role involves the risk of infection. Color has implemented appropriate safety policies, training, processes, and equipment as per applicable guidelines.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.