Support Agent, Clinical Lab (Temporary)
Remote, USA /
Operations – Support /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
Color runs a high throughput CLIA-certified COVID-19 testing laboratory integrated with public health tools. The testing facility, based in Burlingame, CA, processes samples from hospitals and public health authority testing efforts, while the testing platform connects supply to demand through an integrated software platform for public health agencies to manage risk screening, test ordering, results delivery, case management, contact tracing, and public health agency case reporting.
Color is also establishing scientific collaborations with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and Weill Cornell Medicine to develop and openly share technology. The goal of the collaborations is to directly increase COVID-19 testing capacity, introduce new testing technologies, and share protocols that can help labs across the U.S. scale testing capacity more rapidly.
This role is open to remote work outside of the San Francisco Bay Area!
How You'll Contribute:
- Act as the nucleus across all departments by working with the operations, engineering, and lab teams on prompt handling of orders
- Provide prompt email and phone support to our customers
- Resolve customer and operational issues, including triaging when appropriate
- Assist with data order entry, fulfillment, account creation in instances of overflow
- Communicate customer experiences to broader Color team as part of continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to development of support team's internal tools, processes and procedures, and tracking metrics
- Manage various projects and product initiatives depending on business need
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Google Apps and Mac OS X
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Enjoys solving problems and identifying patterns
- Outgoing individual who loves working with people
- Experience using customer service applications, such as Salesforce or other CRM, preferred
- Spoken and written Spanish fluency is a nice-to-have
- Sunday - Thursday (within 6a-5p PST)
- Tuesday - Saturday (within 6a-5p PST)
- Monday - Friday (within 6a-5p PST)
- 6-month commitment with potential for extension
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.