Support Agent (Temporary)
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
Color recently launched a high throughput CLIA-certified COVID-19 testing laboratory integrated with public health tools. The testing facility, based in Burlingame, CA, processes samples from hospitals and public health authority testing efforts, with a near-term goal of performing 10,000 tests per day. The testing platform connects supply to demand through an integrated software platform for public health agencies to manage risk screening, test ordering, results delivery, case management, contact tracing, and public health agency case reporting. Color is also establishing scientific collaborations with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and Weill Cornell Medicine to develop and openly share technology. The goal of the collaborations is to directly increase COVID-19 testing capacity, introduce new testing technologies, and share protocols that can help labs across the U.S. scale testing capacity more rapidly.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the nucleus across all departments by working with the operations, engineering, and lab teams on prompt handling of orders
- Provide prompt email and phone support to our customers
- Resolve customer and operational issues, including triaging when appropriate
- Assist with data order entry, fulfillment, account creation in instances of overflow
- Communicate customer experiences to broader Color team as part of continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to development of support team's internal tools, processes and procedures, and tracking metrics
- Manage various projects and product initiatives depending on business need
We are looking for:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Google Apps and Mac OS X
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Enjoys solving problems and identifying patterns
- Outgoing individual who loves working with people
- Experience using customer service applications, such as Salesforce or other CRM, preferred
- Shift 1: Saturday - Wednesday 6:00AM - 2:00PM PDT
- Shift 2: Thursday - Monday 6:00AM - 2:00PM PDT
What is nice to have:
- 3-month commitment with potential for extension
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.