Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
We are looking for an IT Engineer to build the foundation of our IT team and help us scale, by deploying novel solutions and improving our internal practices. This may be the role for you if you are fluent in administering a wide variety of platforms and systems and love being hands-on with technology. You would be an individual contributor to start, with the opportunity to build a team as the company grows.
In this role, you will:
- Support our IT Helpdesk, providing end user support across MacOS (our primary OS), iOS, and Windows environments.
- Support our internal telecommunications infrastructure (phones, conference rooms, video conferencing, audiovisual).
- Support our internal network infrastructure across our Burlingame facilities, including WAN/LAN, VPN, DNS, and DHCP.
- Drive decision-making and strategic planning around future enterprise cloud software installations. Directly manage/own existing cloud platforms (including G Suite, JIRA, Slack, Salesforce) including vendor relationships and budgets.
- Manage identity and authentication for employees, external collaborators, and contractors, deploying and managing platforms like Okta and JumpCloud.
- Manage and provision hardware and devices across the company, including device policies, device management, and security policies (we currently use Addigy, Google MDM, and CrowdStrike).
- Work closely with our scientific/laboratory professionals to grow and manage our on-premises lab networking and compute infrastructure.
- Work closely with Finance to plan and manage our IT budgets for hardware and software.
- Work closely with Security Engineering to improve our internal information security and operational security practices.
- Work closely with People Ops to design and execute smooth onboarding/offboarding procedures.
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re passionate about using software and technology to help save lives and prevent catastrophic disease. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- You are excited about collaborating with scientists/domain experts across Color’s organization. You’re an empathetic individual who excels at working with others and enjoys helping people 1:1.
- You are intrinsically motivated, able to execute independently (while being proactive about seeking input from colleagues).
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator, with a focus on documentation and knowledge sharing.
- You’re fluent in administering a wide variety of platforms and systems, including Linux/Unix, Windows, MacOS, iOS, AWS, and Salesforce. You’re not dogmatic about using solutions you’ve seen before, and you can quickly ramp up to become fluent with new systems/platforms.
- You’re an accomplished individual contributor who loves being hands-on with technology and personally managing all the details
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.