Burlingame, California /
Lab Operations /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Laboratory Operations team as a Manufacturing Scientist to lead multiple reagent manufacturing tasks and medium complexity reagent production.
How You’ll Contribute:
- LOD plate making for reagent qual as well as high complexity reagents.
- Identifying root causes of product failures and determining batch-specific rework if necessary, revise Material Specs, Production, and Quality Control Procedures.
- Evaluate processes to ensure reliability.
- Design and perform training sessions for Manufacturing Associates and Technicians.
- Perform raw material and finished product validation/qualification studies and generate reports summarizing work and recommendations.
- Perform instrument validation and maintenance as needed. Participate in the new product introduction and Scale-up.
- Collaborate with other department leaders to make process changes and ensure that safety and environmental regulations are being met and followed.
- Drive improvements by documenting the current state developing the future state and driving steps to achieve the future state. Includes data collection and reporting of KPI that drive business efficiency.
- Leadership responsibilities will be phased in as appropriate.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in the Life Sciences or related field and 4+ years of relevant experience; OR Associates degree in the Life Sciences and 6+ years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Relevant manufacturing reagent experience necessaryBasic knowledge in using a PC, printer, barcode labels & scanners, and document scanners
- Experience with GSuite, Microsoft Excel and WordExcellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skillsStrong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and follow written procedures
- Ability to identify issues and troubleshoot or escalate, as necessary
- Ability to work a designated schedule and adapt to changes in workflow
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a high-throughput environment
- Experience with laboratory or production work environment
- Assay development experience or knowledge of
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Leading or collaborating on implementing new reagent projects added to assay workflow, e.g. vendor sourcing → in-house qualification → supply planning → operational production
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.