Bay Area COVID-19 Testing Site Manager (Temporary)
Burlingame, California /
Business Development /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
Color mobilized for the public health crisis by building a dedicated high-throughput, automated, CLIA-certified COVID-19 testing laboratory and operations that is integrated with public health tools. Color’s COVID-19 testing platform includes an integrated software platform to manage risk screening, test ordering, results delivery, case management and public health agency case reporting. Color has served dozens of diverse organizations to date, including the San Francisco Department of Health’s CityTestSF program, skilled nursing facilities, over 20 employers across the country, major universities including Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, and Alameda County’s testing efforts at the West Oakland Health Center.
We are looking for someone to join our COVID-19 Site Operations team in the role of Bay Area Site Manager for multiple local COVID-19 testing site operations. You will be a liaison between Color and onsite clinical testing staff, help us scale our sites around the Bay Area, and be the eyes and ears across all of our local sites. Your work will have a direct impact on people’s lives by scaling the availability and accessibility of COVID-19 testing, and ensuring highly professional and efficient operations across multiple sites.
How You'll Contribute
- This is a field-based, out-and-about, hands-on role. The ideal candidate will be eager and excited to move from site to site in the Bay Area throughout the day and fully own the operations of the local COVID-19 testing sites.
- Drive the testing site operational protocols from site open to close, including getting the technology and testing materials ready, preparing testing staff for the day, answering onsite staff’s questions, and problem-solving throughout the day to ensure a smooth operation.
- Work closely with our site operations team to streamline onsite processes while prioritizing a high-quality and professional site operation.
- Be the point of contact onsite for clinical staff.
- Assist with improvements – from ideation to implementation – across signage, site materials, traffic flow, participant and clinician workflow , technical triaging and troubleshooting.
- Deliver materials from one site to another for mobile sites.
- Maintain inventory of onsite materials.
- Help set up new local sites.
Our Ideal Candidate Will
- Have experience leading rigorous operations with excellence. A track record of designing and running complex, people-intensive operations and creating great experiences for everyone involved.
- Be enthusiastic about providing on the spot problem solving for daily issues while also working with our internal operations team to develop and continuously improve workflows to ensure the highest quality and efficiency service.
- A flexible schedule.
- Be based in the Bay Area and ready to travel from site to site each day across San Francisco, Alameda County and South San Francisco. This is required as the role is onsite at these locations.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Slack, Google Docs & Google Spreadsheets.
Nice to Have
- Healthcare clinic management or Events experience
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.