Day Porter (Laboratory)
Burlingame, California /
Clinical Laboratory /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for Day Porter/Lab Assistant to join our Laboratory Operations team to help. This is a full time employment position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Part of a team within the Lab Operations division at Color Genomics (team of ~4)
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of Covid lab and office spaces on a regimented schedule
- Will assume lab waste management (biological and chemical). Prepare carboys for waste containment, prepare waste for pickup, communicate with vendors to coordinate pickup and be the primary point of contact for waste issues - training on-site will be provided by T.C. and 3rd-party waste contractor(s).
- Miscellaneous support duties, e.g. assembly of lab and office furniture or equipment as needed, space optimizations.
- Daily temperature monitoring of lab equipment and will work with other lab staff to report incidents
- Daily preparation of cleaning reagents for the lab and space maintenance
- General lab chores including but not limited to: cold-storage cleaning maintenance, support to inventory and stocking team as needed, equipment and inventory labeling
- Will maintain a high level of cleanliness conforming to existing and future standards related to infectious waste and general appearance
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- An eye for safety and cleanliness superpowers!
- Very good teamwork skills - will operate independently, as part of a small team, and also within a large group.
- Ability to cope with frequent standing, bending, walking, pushing, stooping, stretching, pulling and lifting objects up to 50 pounds
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience working with hazardous (biological and chemical materials is a plus)
- Knowledge of lab management software
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.