Product Designer, Visual Systems
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help establish beautiful and effective visual design systems across all our products and services. Learn more about the team here!
How You’ll Contribute:
- Lead the definition and development of visual systems across Color’s suite of product experiences (participant, specialist, and more)
- Partner with product designers to ensure products we’re launching meet our visual standards
- Coordinate with brand designers to deliver a cohesive experience across the board
- Stay current on visual trends and accessibility standards to deliver a high-quality experience for our users
- Consult with engineering in the build-out of system components
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of product design experience, particularly visual design and system design
- Expert skills with industry standard design tools (e.g., Illustrator, Figma, Sketch)
- Experience designing for desktop, mobile, Android, and iOS
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Passion for Color’s mission and deep empathy for customers
- Partnering with product designers to visually refine the Color design language or bring our design language to life on key projects like COVID-19 community testing
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.