Automation Engineer, Support
Burlingame, California /
Clinical Laboratory /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
The R&D team at Color is a collaborative group of scientists and engineers dedicated to redefining the performance of our world-class laboratories. We are seeking an automation engineer who is passionate about our mission and is willing to push the boundaries on what we can do to support our automation stack. You will help from trouble-shooting minor crashes to implementing automated calibration system on our robots. Together we will drive efforts to innovate on technologies that will enable more effective healthcare.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Troubleshoot common hardware and software errors on liquid handlers
- Liquid handler part replacement and calibration
- Install, calibrate and test new equipment
- Documentation for new installs and part replacement
- Productionize support tools for the lab: auto-calibration, predictive model for instrument failure, etc
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience with Hamilton Star/Starlet hardware
- Experience with Hamilton Venus software
- Experience supporting a production lab environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and strong communication skills
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas
Nice to Have:
- Enjoys tinkering with hardware and software to come up with creative solutions to problems
- Experience working in a molecular biology lab
- Experience with other liquid handler platforms such as Tecans, Perkin Elmer etc.
- Rotational on-call for weekend and off-hours
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.