Clinical Lab Assistant
Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
As a Clinical Lab Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting in daily clinical operations, primarily involving the performance of a novel clinical test for understanding genetic risk for specific diseases while working in a high complexity CLIA-certified laboratory.
In this role, you will:
- Manage specimen receipt and accessioning
- Oversee routine laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, maintaining lab cleanliness and a safe laboratory environment
- Manage inventory
- Assist licensed personnel in the following under direct and constant supervision: routine clinical testing (including nucleic acid extraction, preparation of libraries for ‘deep sequencing’, hybridization, PCR amplification) test equipment and reagent validation, and other laboratory activities requiring licensure in specialties or sub specialties
- Research and development activities for future test protocols
- Write formal laboratory procedures
- Follow laboratory’s established policies and procedures
- Document all corrective actions taken when there is a deviation to the test system
What we're looking for:
- Graduated from college with a major in an appropriate scientific field; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of duties assigned to the position
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, Google Drive
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of safe handling of specimens, reagents and toxic/biohazardous reagents
- Note: Physical/health screening required.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.