Head of Product Design
Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
Color is looking for an experienced Head of Product Design to lead our amazing team of designers, while continuing to build out our strong design culture. You’ll grow and manage the product design team and be the voice of product design at Color, fostering a strong culture of empathy and inclusion that considers all individuals, to build products that save lives. You should have good design sensibility, be an excellent communicator, be an analytical thinker, and have the ability to influence product strategy.
What you'll do:
- Mentor and grow a talented team of product designers and user researchers to expand their expertise and deepen their impact
- Continue to build out the product design team, including recruiting and hiring exceptional design talent
- Responsible for a delightful, effective user experience, end-to-end, for clients and their healthcare providers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, scientists, genetic counselors and others to ensure a smooth product development process
- While this is a leadership position, Color’s culture is to pitch in and get the job done. You should be comfortable working at the project-level one minute, and at the executive-level the next
- Execute in a fast-paced environment, working with highly impactful health and genetic information that individuals and their healthcare providers will used to make important healthcare decisions
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a people management role on an in-house design team
- 10+ years of design experience
- A passion for improving healthcare (though past experience in healthcare is not required)
- Online portfolio or case studies showcasing design skills + ability to impact product direction
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions and drive change
- Collaborative approach to, and love for, design
- Strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating for design decisions
- Dedication to shipping the best product, within real-world resource and business constraints
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.