Head of Design
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
Color is looking for an experienced Head of Product Design to lead our amazing team of designers, while continuing to build out our strong design culture. You’ll grow and manage the product design team and be the voice of product design at Color, fostering a strong culture of empathy and inclusion that considers all individuals, to build products that save lives. You should have good design sensibility, be an excellent communicator, be an analytical thinker, and have the ability to influence product strategy.
How You'll Contribute:
- Mentor and grow a talented team of product designers, user researchers, and content strategists to expand their expertise and deepen their impact
- Continue to build out the design team, including recruiting and hiring exceptional design talent
- Be responsible for a delightful, effective user experience, end-to-end, for participants, their healthcare providers, and our customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, commercial, and other leaders to develop product strategy
- Execute in a fast-paced environment, working with highly impactful health and genetic information that individuals and their healthcare providers will used to make important healthcare decisions
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of experience in a people management role on an in-house design team
- 10+ years of design experience
- A passion for improving healthcare (though past experience is not required)
- Online portfolio or case studies showcasing design skills + ability to impact product direction
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions and drive change
- Collaborative approach to (and love for) design
- Strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating for design decisions
- Dedication to shipping the best product, within real-world resource and business constraints
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.