Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant to join our Finance team to support the growth of our accounting team and the company. You will assist the accounting organization with revenue and cost-related transactions. You have strong knowledge in US GAAP, with experience in the biotech industry. We are looking for someone who has excellent attention to detail, be an excellent communicator and strong focus on process improvements and critical thinking.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Review customer contracts and sales order packages for completeness
- Propose appropriate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with US GAAP under ASC 606
- Prepare revenue allocation analysis for arrangements with multiple deliverables
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries related to revenue, deferred revenue
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close activities for revenue accounts which include analyzing accounts, performing related calculations and validating proper recognition in financial systems
- Prepare monthly revenue reports and resolve issues as needed
- Prepare revenue-related audit schedules necessary for auditors to complete their audit procedures.
- Build relationships and liaise across external business groups including sales, research, legal, and customer success.
- Work with Finance to complete monthly budget versus actual comparison of revenue
- Document procedures and policies for the entire revenue cycle; document internal controls within this cycle
- Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- Manage cost accounting related month-end close activities in accordance with GAAP including the review of journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis
- Partner with operations, and finance to analyze and improve unit costs and streamline reporting
- Lead inventory manufacturing module ERP implementation and drive continuous system improvements
- Partner with supply chain to design and implement an inventory procurement processEnsure timely and thorough completion of inventory-related audit requests
- Prepare month-end reconciliations, journal entries, and schedules
- Work with external teams on proper accounting and classification of expenses
- Assist with ad hoc projects and assignments
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- At least 5+ years experience in cost and revenue accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- In-depth knowledge of costing systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Experience working with various levels of personnel
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Detail-oriented willing to take initiative on process improvement projects
- Ability to work within a team and independently
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.