Clinical Lab Accessioner
Burlingame, California /
Clinical – Clinical Lab /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
The Clinical Lab Accessioner will be responsible for assisting in daily clinical operations, primarily involving the performance of a novel clinical test for the testing of COVID-19 in a high complexity CLIA-certified laboratory. Your work will have a direct impact on people’s lives by scaling up the availability of COVID-19 testing and developing much needed public health infrastructure. This will be a temporary, three-month role.
How You'll Contribute:
- Perform specimen receipt and accessioning
- Scan, archive or dispose of documents and records according to company’s procedures
- Document all corrective actions taken when there is a deviation to the test system
- Assist in troubleshooting issues as assigned.
- Escalate issues to supervisors for timely resolution
- Report all potential problems with PHI and/or HIPAA compliance immediately to supervisor
- Assist in the general upkeep of the laboratory to support daily operations
- Maintain sufficient inventory of supplies for daily operations
- Clean workbenches, racks, sample containers and other laboratory supplies
- Demonstrate understanding of regulatory requirements specific to the assigned work areas
- Identify and implement process or quality improvement tasks under Supervisor’s guidance
- Interact with Support, courier services, other departments to obtain or provide required information
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management, System Policies, and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Associates degree OR High school diploma/general education degree and at least 6 months relevant experience in lieu of Associates degree
- Basic knowledge in using a PC, printer, barcode labels & scanners, and document scanners
- Experience with GSuite, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and follow written procedures
- Ability to identify issues and troubleshoot or escalate, as necessary
- Ability to work a designated schedule and adapt to changes in workflow
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a high-throughput environment
- Experience with laboratory or production work environment
- Experience maintaining inventory or resources in an organized manner
- Bachelors degree in the Life Sciences
- Physical/health screening required
- This position requires sustained work in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens that may include viruses for infectious diseases, including the COVID-19 virus (which is known to cause the coronavirus disease). Accordingly, this role involves the risk of infection. Color has implemented appropriate safety policies, training, processes, and equipment as per applicable guidelines.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.