Data Analyst, Healthcare Analytics
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
The Data Science and Analytics team at Color is tasked with turning our large and growing corpus of data into actionable insights to help individuals lead healthier lives. We have diverse backgrounds in biostatistics, machine learning, analytics, and engineering. We often work with other teams throughout the stack, from data exploration to scientific discovery, implementation, and product integration. Recent work led by our data scientists include a COVID-19 symptoms analysis, and an open-access clinical and genetic database available through Color Data.
How You'll Contribute:
- Work closely with other Data Analysts and Scientists, and work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Go-to-market, Laboratory, and Business colleagues to build a data-driven culture across the company
- Build analytics tools and dashboards that define and deliver insight into key product, operational, and business goals
- Be proactive in identifying improvements to existing reporting and dashboarding infrastructure to accurately represent the latest company goals
- Drive data analysis to help us scale our SARS-CoV-2 testing and genetic testing programs as we rapidly expand
- Directly contribute to public health understanding of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic using data in aggregate from testing, patient questionnaires, and lab data
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- You have 2+ years of industry experience using data to drive product growth and operational efficiency
- You have advanced proficiency in data wrangling and SQL, and experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Metabase, and Mixpanel
- You have a strong desire to work at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- You have a knack for converting data-driven insights into actionable next steps
- You are a strong communicator and able to explain complex results and models to technical and non-technical colleagues
- You are a fast learner who is excited to dive into healthcare analytics and genetics (or perhaps you already know a thing or two about these fields!)
- Basic Python or R, and willingness to dive in and learn our Python code base and table schemas
- You have a BS or MS
Nice to Have:
- You have foundational knowledge in statistics and probability, and can provide guidance on good experimental design for product and user research
- Familiarity with the healthcare space is a plus, but not required
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Develop new key product metrics and dashboards that help guide our product experience development strategy
- Help our laboratory team optimize sample processing operations and guide protocol development to further increase our testing capacity and efficiency
- Build tools for our partners to better understand COVID-19 testing results, access, and representation in their population
- Carry out population-level data analysis and present insights to our partners, including health systems, employers, academic researchers, or public health programs
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.