Head of Business Operations
Burlingame, California /
Business Development /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
The Head of Business Operations will help make Color’s business happen and drive impact for our partners, leading the strategy and team that works with all of Color’s customers. You and your team will work side-by-side with the leadership teams at Color and our partners to ensure every implementation is executed flawlessly.
Our work spans leading health systems, public health programs, payers, research initiatives, large pharmaceutical companies, and strategic technology companies - both in the U.S. and globally. Our business is growing significantly, and we are looking for a partner to our business development teams to help scale our business. Between population health, clinical genetics, and high-access COVID-19 testing, our programs are diverse and operationally complex.
This is a dynamic role requiring flexibility, analytical thinking, broad project management capabilities, technical affinity and know-how, and a desire to deliver impact on our business and our customers’ businesses every day. You’ll work closely with Business Development, Product, Marketing, Scientific Affairs, Client Services, Engineering, and more.
How You'll Contribute:
- Drive the strategy and operating model for successful deployments, integrations, and engagement for all of Color’s customers - and the path to scaling those relationships over time
- Lead and develop a team of talented strategy & implementation leads who are the go-to leaders for their partners
- Develop strong processes, playbooks, and systems for all of our customer engagements, tailored to different segments
- Drive management of complex projects for flawless execution
- Marshal teams and expertise from across Color to deliver on customer objectives
- Partner with Product leadership on the strategy and prioritization of customer-facing product, coordinating and collaborating from inception to launch to results
- Dive into the details of our implementations, understanding and improving every aspect of our work - including technical details
- Provide day-to-day leadership and coaching for the team, helping them meet goals and develop a culture of proactive data analysis, learning, and strategy development
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 10+ years of strategic roles in management consulting, business operations, business development, or strategy with 2+ years of management experience
- Demonstrated success in complex client management requiring highly developed analytical abilities and thought partnership, as well as practical and action-oriented leadership
- Results driven and action-oriented approach to your work, with the ability to think strategically and to sweat the details
- Product and technical fluency and desire to understand how our product and technical integrations work
- Highly motivated team player with creative thinking and strong partnership management to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Exhibits outstanding communication, presentation, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Able to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership internally and with C-level executives externally
- A desire to significantly improve the quality of care that people receive, and the ability to connect that improvement to demonstrable enterprise value
- Clinical / healthcare experience a plus
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.