Burlingame, California /
Clinical – Clinical Services /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
A medical geneticist is a medical professional with a broad knowledge of molecular genetic techniques and their application in the diagnosis of genetic diseases. This individual should have strong diagnostics and interpretative skills in an ample range of human genetic disorders as well as have an understanding of their etiology, pathogenesis, clinical manifestations, and management. They should also have the ability to communicate test results in the capacity of a consultant to medical professionals as well as patients. Experience with bioinformatics and pharmacogenomics are highly preferable.
How You'll Contribute
- Review, approve, interpret, and report all laboratory results in an accurate, prompt, and proficient manner.
- Provide consultation with patients, referring physicians and other laboratory professionals regarding test ordered, results, and their quality, as well as clinical interpretation and further recommendations.
- Be proficient in the proper use and interpretation of the ACMG, CAP, and specific practice guidelines as well as regulatory agencies requirements.
- Assist with maintaining the accuracy and currency of SOPs, clinical report content, variant classification algorithms, and other required documentation.
- Actively participate in laboratory test development, performance improvement, quality control, and assessment.
- Communicate regularly with laboratory staff, variant scientists, genetic counselors, and the laboratory director.
- Support software tooling development and improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- PhD or MD Certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics in Clinical Molecular Genetics.
- Licensed as a Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Director or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist Scientist by the state of California Department of Public Health.
- Experience with bioinformatics and pharmacogenomics.
Nice to Have:
- New York Certificate of Qualification in Genetic Testing
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.