Technical Program Manager, Clinical & Scientific Tools
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
Color's core product team is bringing data-driven healthcare to patients, doctors, and employers. The team’s work covers a diverse set of challenges, including genetic testing, health engagement, and most recently, large-scale COVID testing for programs including CityTestSF.
We're looking for an experienced technical program manager to help us scale to the next million users.
How You'll Contribute:
- Work with product, lab, design, data science, and scientific teams to understand the diverse demands for software to support our clinical-grade diagnostic tests and services
- Identify and anticipate risks to quality, reliability, and speed of our core products and services
- Collaborate with engineering management on team priorities and strategy
- Manage weekly sprint planning process to assess and prioritize incoming requests and identify conflicts and risks to company goals
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- You’re passionate about organizing software engineers to help save lives and prevent catastrophic disease. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer, technical program manager, or other technical role.
- You've launched features, products and/or systems successfully into the wild and iterated to incorporate user feedback.
- You're passionate about engineering processes that minimize overhead and maximize developer velocity
- You effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators: you identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade offs, and incorporate feedback to drive decisions through docs, wikis, meetings, and other channels as needed.
- You’ve collaborated across different roles and disciplines to build consensus for a unified set of priorities
- You’ve analyzed performance or other data using query languages and systems like Metabase, SQL, Tableau, BigQuery
Nice to Have:
- You have experience with lab processes, automation, and software (LIMS).
- You have experience with modern web stacks including Python, Django, AWS, SQL, REST APIs, React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Roll out a new process for genetic tests for cancer or heart disease, including ordering, fulfillment, accessioning, sequencing, clinical evaluation, results generation and genetic counseling.
- Launch a new COVID-19 lab assay to drastically reduce the cost of testing for back to work programs.
- Collaborate with an engineering manager on a quarterly roadmap that balances the needs of lab, support, engineering, and product teams.
- Designing a weekly sprint planning process that balances speed, simplicity, and visibility for internal customers.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.