IT Support Engineer
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
Color is looking for someone to join our IT team and help us meet the challenges of a scaling organization. This role will focus on providing onsite IT support in our labs along with general help desk and IT assistance to the entire company. In this position you will have the opportunity to use technology to help save lives and prevent catastrophic disease.
Our ideal candidate is excited about collaborating with scientists/domain experts across Color’s organization. They have solid experience with a wide range of operating systems including Windows, MacOS, iOS and Chrome OS. No background or expertise in health/genetics is required. This is an entry/intermediate level position that will report to the IT manager.
How'll You Contribute:
- Maintaining our on-premises laboratory/scientific network and Windows infrastructure.
- Staffing our IT Helpdesk providing end user support for hardware and software issues.
- Supporting our internal campus wide network including WAN/LAN, VPN, DNS, and DHCP.
- Providing identity and authentication support using platforms like Okta and JumpCloud.
- Supporting existing cloud platforms (including G Suite, JIRA, Slack, Salesforce).
- Configuring device security policies using Addigy MDM, Google MDM, and CrowdStrike.
- Maintaining our internal telecommunications infrastructure (A/V, conference rooms, phones).
- Working closely with People Ops to support smooth onboarding/offboarding procedures.
- Utilizing asset tracking and ticketing systems to help organize a complex environment.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Windows, MacOS, and iOS administration (Chrome OS a plus)
- Basic network administration (experience with mapped/shared drives a plus)
- Video conference administration (preferably Zoom)
- Working knowledge of G-Suite Admin console
- Familiarity with Okta or other SSO
- Apple MDM (any vendor)
- JIRA experience a plus
You might be a good fit if you:
- Are an empathetic individual who excels at working 1:1 with others.
- Are able to execute independently while being proactive about seeking input from others.
- Enjoy learning new skills via self-teaching.
- Are a strong communicator, with a focus on documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Are able to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Are detail oriented and able to deliver results in a logical and organized manner.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.