Senior Analyst, Finance and Business Operations
Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
Color’s Finance and Business Operations team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build intuitive models, and work cross-functionally to design and implement new processes.
We are looking for an experienced finance/business operations professional who will work as a member of Color’s Finance and Business Operations team. You will provide financial leadership and analytical support to your business partners and the core Finance team. This role will be responsible for managing the financial analysis and reporting that enhances Color’s ability to achieve our financial and overall business goals.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Work closely with our go-to-market and lab operations teams and be an internal business adviser
- Play a key role in the financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and month-end processes
- Track and analyze key business/financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
- Leverage data, creativity, and business understanding to research and develop critical insights
- Maintain ongoing rolling forecasts for headcount and operating expenses and how changes in the business will impact the forecasts
- Initiate and implement automated processes to simplify and streamline currently manual processes to help improve our day to day operations
- Construct detailed financial models to inform decision-making
- Design and implement reporting tools for your business partners
- Build presentations for Executive and Board level audiences
We’re excited about you because:
- You create structure from ambiguity. You know how to take very broad challenges or opportunities and turn them into actionable projects with clear milestones and goals, with minimal guidance.
- You are a leader and have the ability to influence. You excel at building cross-functional relationships, gaining input & consensus from key stakeholders, and knowing how to motivate and organize teams behind a shared goal.
- You have an insatiable curiosity. You are constantly exploring, asking questions, and working to uncover new insights about our business.
- You love your craft. You quickly and easily manipulate large data sets to find patterns and discover new opportunities.
- You are a self starter. You take the initiative, and are always looking for new ways to contribute and make an impact.
- You are relentless. Things never quite go according to plan. You have the determination and grit to keep working a problem as new challenges emerge, together with the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- You own it. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to drive results, even if it’s outside your normal areas of focus.
- You have a get-it-done attitude. You’re not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- You are an expert at financial modeling. Your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. You can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- 5+ years of relevant experience working in a finance department of a fast-growing startup or high-growth company
- Salesforce, Tableau, SQL experience preferred
- Superior Excel skills and proficiency with Google Apps. Experience in automation in Excel and/or Google Sheets preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail balanced with an action-oriented mindset that achieves swift execution
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.