Research Associate, R&D, COVID-19 (Temporary)
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
Color has recently launched a high throughput CLIA-certified COVID-19 testing laboratory integrated with public health tools. The testing facility, based in Burlingame, CA, processes samples from hospitals and public health authority testing efforts, with a near-term goal of performing 10,000 tests per day. The testing platform connects supply to demand through an integrated software platform for public health agencies to manage risk screening, test ordering, results delivery, case management, contact tracing, and public health agency case reporting. Color is also establishing scientific collaborations with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard and Weill Cornell Medicine to develop and openly share technology. The goal of the collaborations is to directly increase COVID-19 testing capacity, introduce new testing technologies, and share protocols that can help labs across the U.S. scale testing capacity more rapidly.
The R&D team at Color is a collaborative group of scientists and engineers dedicated to redefining the performance of our world-class laboratories. We are seeking a research associate who is passionate about our mission and willing to push the boundaries of our testing technologies. You will help drive efforts to innovate and enable more effective healthcare and the scaling of our platforms.
- Work closely with R&D team members to execute experiments and prototype new technologies
- Make detailed records of experiments, analyze data, and contribute to the iteration and optimization of assays based on your observations
- Assist automation engineers and laboratory scientists in translating R&D work into the clinical lab.
- Communicate experimental results clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to facilitate further clinical development
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field.
- 2+ years relevant research experience in life sciences.
- Hands-on experience with standard molecular biology techniques to manipulate nucleic acids and/or proteins.
- Ability to perform data analysis with a basic understanding of underlying statistical principles.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.