Cost Accounting Manager
Burlingame, California /
General & Admin – Finance /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a Cost Accounting Manager to join our Finance team to support the growth of our accounting team and the company. As our first Cost Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for day to day activities that support the financial reporting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), as well as, account for the monthly operations of the supply chain departments. The role will serve as the key liaison between the Finance and the Supply Chain teams and will be the finance lead in preparing the relevant accounting close processes, account analyses and ad hoc projects.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Lead Inventory and COGS monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting process
- Develop and maintain product standard costs
- Record COGS and inventory-related transactions
- Track inventory receipts and movement
- Responsible for inventory valuation and reconciliation
- Support Inventory planning, through participation in budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc analysis
- Act as the Supply Chain business partner meeting with department heads to review budget to actual differences
- Prepare support for financial statement audit requests, and respond to inquiries from external auditors
- Assist in developing and improving operational procedures and establishing process efficiencies/ improvements including the launch of the inventory module in NetSuite
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of accounting related experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field, CPA preferred
- Experience in NetSuite or equivalent ERP system
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment
- Demonstrated the ability to identify organizational opportunities and to effectively implement new processes and internal controls preferred
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.