Senior Cost Accounting Manager
Remote, USA /
People – Finance /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
We are looking for a Senior Cost Accounting Manager to join our Finance team to support the growth of our accounting team and the company. As our Senior Cost Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for day to day activities that support the financial reporting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), as well as, account for the monthly operations of the supply chain departments. The role will serve as the key liaison between the Finance and the Supply Chain teams and will be the finance lead in preparing the relevant accounting close processes, account analyses and ad hoc projects.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Own cost accounting end-to-end process including all inventory and COGS month end close responsibilities including recording journal entries and account reconciliations
- Develop and maintain product standard costs, periodically review standard vs. actual costs for differences
- Develop robust E&O methodology and determine and record quarterly reserves.
- Analyze inventory in-transit from fulfillment centers to customers and determine appropriate accounting treatment
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials for existing and new product offerings
- Coordinate quarterly inventory counts; work with fulfillment and lab operations teams to investigate and resolve any descrpeancies
- Prepare support for financial statement audit requests, and respond to inquiries from external auditors
- Assist in the improvement of process and internal controls related to inventory
- With close collaboration with the supply chain team, lead the design and implementation of the inventory module in Netsuite
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 10+ years of accounting related experience, with at least 4 years in manufacturing, assembly or inventory management
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field, CPA/CMA preferred
- Experience in NetSuite or equivalent ERP system
- High proficiency in Microsoft ExcelExperience with Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment
- Demonstrated the ability to identify organizational opportunities and to effectively implement new processes and internal controls preferred
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.