Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
Variant classification is the cornerstone of accurate and responsible genetic testing. We are seeking an entry-level PhD scientist to focus on clinical interpretation of variants observed in genes related to hereditary cancer. In this role, you will work closely with Color’s variant scientists, medical geneticists, bioinformatics scientists, and genetic counselors. Color’s innovations in software, processes, and sequencing are lowering the cost of genetic testing and providing greater access to life-changing information. Be part of the team that is changing healthcare at a massive scale!
This is a full‐time position based in our Burlingame office. This is not a remote work position.
What you’ll do:
- Interpret clinical significance of genetic variants in cancer-associated genes after a thorough review of medical genetics literature and public databases.
- Write up variant evidence summary for clinical reports.
- Perform research and help develop policy for variant classification and reporting.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of tools to ensure accuracy and efficiency of the genetic variant analysis.
- Prepare SOPs related to the scope of job responsibilities.
What we’re looking for:
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Molecular Genetics, or related Biological Science field is required.
- A self-motivated team player.
- Dedication to using science and technology to improve human health.
- Strong communication, writing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific literature.
- Some experience conducting variant classification based on the ACMG guidelines is recommended but not required.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.